Bolton Democrats will caucus on July 23, 2015, at 8:00 p.m. at the Notch Road Municipal Center (Room 9) to nominate and vote on a slate of candidates for this November’s municipal elections. All registered Democrats in the town of Bolton are invited to attend and participate.
We’re seeking candidates to run in this November’s municipal elections. If you’re interested in running for a seat, please contact us.
BOLTON DEMOCRAT OF THE YEAR
Toast & Roast
Karen M. Bergin
Sunday, September 21, 2014
In The Grecian Room
275 Boston Turnpike
U.S. Routes 6 & 44, Bolton, CT
Food and Refreshments
Begin at 12:00 Noon
$27.00 per person
RSVP by Sept. 15, 2014 – 860-721-8818
Please make checks payable to: BDTC.
Please mail a Political Contribution Form with your payment to:
John B. Toomey, Jr., 45 Hebron Rd, Bolton, CT 06043
Bolton Democratic Town Committee: John B. Toomey, Jr., Chairman; Sandra W. Pierog, Treasurer
As we head into summer, a few updates.
- The next town committee meeting will be Wednesday, September 3, 7:30 pm at the Notch Road Municipal Center.
- At the May meeting the committee voted to endorse Joe La Bella as the Democratic candidate for the Connecticut State House in the 55th District. If you’d like to make a donation to Joe’s campaign, here’s the contribution form to use: Joe La Bella 2014 Campaign Contribution Form.
- Mark your calendar’s now! The Bolton Democrat of the Year celebration is our main fundraising event of the year and will be held on September 21, 2014, at noon at Georgina’s. This year we will be honoring BDTC member and longtime chair of the Board of Education, Karen Bergin.
The BDTC’s regular monthly meeting is tonight, 7:30, at the Notch Road Municipal Center. We’ll be holding elections for party chair, vice chair, secretary, and treasurer tonight. Hope to see lots of Bolton Dems there!
The BDTC’s regular monthly meeting is tonight, 7:30, at the Notch Road Municipal Center. Hope to see lots of Bolton Dems there tonight!
Thank you to our friends and neighbors for such a great turnout on Election Day and for supporting Bolton’s Democratic ticket! More than 1,500 voters, 45% of the electorate, cast ballots, the largest turnout for a municipal election in years!
- Bob Lessard, Gwen Marrion, and Sandra Pierog were elected to the Board of Selectmen. Democrats will hold a three to two majority for the next two years.
- All three of our Board of Education candidates were elected: Kate Gallé, Julie Begin, and Alison Romkey. Democrats now hold a majority of seats on the board.
- Bob DePietro was elected to the Board of Finance.
- Tom Fiorentino was elected to the Board of Assessment Appeals.
- Christopher Davey was elected as an alternate member of the Board of Planning and Zoning.
- John Toomey was elected to the Board of Zoning Appeals.
- Lisa Bosco was elected as an alternate member of the Board of Zoning Appeals.
(Full vote counts are available from the Connecticut Secretary of State.)
Congratulations to all our Democratic candidates. Now go get to work!