The Bolton Democratic Town Committee believes
- Black Lives Matter.
- Racial prejudice in various forms still remains in Bolton, as documented by those who experience it.
- We all have a responsibility to understand and combat systemic racism and the structures that sustain it.
- As public officials, police bear responsibility for conducting themselves with transparency and truthfulness.
- Police must be accountable for their actions.
We pledge to
- Actively support candidates who are committed to social justice, anti-racism, and the dismantling of systems that perpetuate inequality.
- Actively support conversations about racial justice in our schools and at all levels of our community.
- Actively support a reexamination of policing functions to ensure that all races are treated equally and fairly.
Approved by the Bolton Democratic Town Committee on July 2, 2020.